Maintenance of the Trails
Tasks performed by Maintainers
(..with help from willing hikers!):
- Carry hand clippers to trim back plant growth that is within an arms length left, right and above from the center of the trail.
- Entrances and certain areas may require weed trimming to keep chiggers and ticks at bay.
- Clear sticks and small branches from the trail.
- If possible, in the fall, blow leaves from the trail especially on steps, bridges and steep sections.
- Report any problems such as large trees down, loose steps or anything else that requires attention.
Reporting Trail Issues
We have a great team of volunteer trail workers but they cannot fix problems that they do not know about.
We need your help!
If you see a problem, like a fallen tree or a flooded section of trail while hiking on the trails please report it so we can get it fixed. Reporting is easy.
When making a report please select the appropriate trail and provide your name, a description of the work and a description of any outstanding problems. If possible give the number of the nearest Emergency 911 Marker to help the maintenance team locate the problem.
Fairfield North Trails
- Hemlock Trail
- Good Samaritan Trail & Hickory Ridge Connector
- Rotherham Trail
- McGinnis Trail
- Canyon Trail
- Seven Bridges Trail
- Overlook Trail
- Stonehenge Trail
- Library Trail
- Glastowbury Trail
- Thornhill Trail
- Kirkstone Trail
- Amherst Trail